First Assingment

 

  • 1 paragraph about yourself -- whatever you are comfortable sharing in a public forum on the Internet
  • 1 paragraph about your prior experiences using technology in an educational setting
  • 1 paragraph about your personal learning network(s). What learning resources (both online and offline) do you regularly use to support your learning needs and goals? 
----------------------------------

Hi my name is Antoinette Barnes and I am a senior at Florida State University, I like painting writing, crocheting, and building as well as hanging out with my best friend on walks or hikes. I am from Tampa Bay and while there is not a whole lot of parks here we do enjoy frequenting parks and bike trails on you guessed it our bikes. another thing I enjoy doing is traveling, I have been to six different countries and almost all the states in the USA, I look forward to crossing off the rest of the states off my list in the future. 

With my prior experience in technology, I am versed in Facebook and Instagram and a little of twitter but I mainly well versed in writing articles and press releasing from my time as Public Affairs in Civil Air Patrol (sorta like a non-military little brother to the airforce). Civil Air Patrol or CAP is mainly about volunteer and search and rescue rather than activities you would normally associate with the united states military, though I do know how to build an awesome model rocket and could talk to you for hours about aviation and leadership as well as survival training. I have recently fallen out of touch with technology and hope that this class can help me get back to become more online literate.


 I am originally homeschooled and have spent much of my life learning from different mediums such as tv, phone, computer, and yes a classroom environment.  But most of the time if I am writing an essay for a class or even learning how to do something new I usually go to my local library since they not only have the books that are usually required but they also have multiple reference material both online and in person.  I have also used online libraries with St.Petersgurge College ( a Comunity College located in St. Pete and other locations in Tampa Bay) so I do understand many principles and elements of online resources. But at the end of the day when I have books surrounding me, thousands of tabs/documents open on my computer, and a perfect paper I have slaved over that is finally complete it's always a great feeling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 9