Blog 6

 I have not used Diigo before and I have found it to be very difficult because of how it was formatted, I did not like the fact that if I wished to contact my team to get information or to start the project. I would equate it more to the Twitter forum than what I originally thought it would be like (Facebook forum). I understand the concept of the website and I understand it’s more of a Twitter for teachers, but I do have a hard time navigating the site. 

I have written articles for websites and magazines in the past, they were mainly on websites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram, however, before this class, I had not written any type of blog. Blogging is fun and I like that I can share large amounts of information that is interesting as well as getting information out in a productive manner. I have learned that the blogging process is akin to writing than it is just sending out a post on Facebook.


One of the web 2.0 tools I would like to bring to everyone's attention is Dropbox. Dropbox is used by millions of people, many just use it to store photos from the phone or computer as a cloud-based backup storage function. 

Dropbox is far more than backup storage. It can sync multiple devices from anywhere in the world, so long as there is an active internet connection. The files stored in the cloud-based server are not restricted to just photos, they can be any file type: spreadsheets, documents, and so on. Once your smartphone, computer, or tablet is configured the files are automatically stored in your cloud. Within your cloud storage area, you can organize the files, creating subject-specific folders, and then identify specific files that can be shared with an individual or group of individuals. A group of individuals can share and collaborate on projects, such as students on a school project.

This tool keeps a large group communicating, and sharing with little limitation on file types. In its basic form, it is free but it does have the capability of storing large amounts of data for incremental prices. Its users can use smartphones or computers anywhere in the world, making it an international, multiplatform system. 

Https://www.dropbox.com/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog 9